Monday, January 25, 2010

Chickadee #1 (Hand-Pulled Collagraph of Bird on Blue)













When I was growing up my parents set their bird feeder up so that it was attached to the house and could be reached from the dining room window. I remember opening the window and sticking my hand out the window and sitting very still and having the chickadees come to feed. Recently I thought I would try to create a collagraph of one of these guys since I see them daily at my bird feeder. Initially I intended it to be black and white, but decided to carry it further. Somehow the black and white didn't quite work. I have included a photo of the black and white stage prior to adding color (below).

Collagraph on Arches Cover White Paper
Image Size: 6" x 9" ©2010
Paper Size: 8.25" x 11"
Edition Size: 15
Each print is signed and numbered.
To purchase please email me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm more partial to black and white prints, but your colored print is very nice! Love the imagery!

    ReplyDelete