Friday, August 5, 2011

Macy and Taz (Original Collagraph of two black cats)


I created this hand-colored collagraph of two black cats with golden eyes for a close friend of mine. I thought I would try a version with a blue background. I kind of like the flat blue even though the cats appear to be floating. I think if I had to choose I would go with the black and white version.

Image Size: 7.25" x 9.25" (18.4 cm x 23.5 cm)
Paper Size: 9.5" x 11.25" (24.1 cm x 28.6 cm)
Printed on Arches Cover White Paper
Each print is signed and numbered
Varied Edition

If you have any questions please email me.

2 comments:

  1. I like the contrast of the black and white.

    They are so cat-like, one with wide open eyes and the other, bored, half mast. So, that's a nice contrast too. The textures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think I prefer the black and white version as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete